Re: BUG #5652: Optimizer does wrong thing with partitioned tables

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: BUG #5652: Optimizer does wrong thing with partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 16:53 -0400, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>
>> Jeff, that's the problem. Functions like "MAX" are rather ordinary and
>> frequently used.
>>

> I agree that it could be improved. The best way to move such improvement
> forward is to advance the discussion on -hackers. Start with this thread
> here:
>
>     http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-07/msg01115.php
>
> and see if you have anything to add, or see if you can find related
> discussions. The main point is that -bugs is usually for short
> discussions about fixing defects that were just discovered, and -hackers
> is better for problems without an obvious solution, where discussion is
> required.
>
> Regards,
>     Jeff Davis

Thanks, I will do that.  However, I cannot call myself a hacker, I am
but a mere beginner with Postgres.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5652: Optimizer does wrong thing with partitioned tables
От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5652: Optimizer does wrong thing with partitioned tables