Re: thousand unrelated data files in pg_default tablespace

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: thousand unrelated data files in pg_default tablespace
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/09/10 11:16, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2010/8/31 Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> Pavel Stehule<pavel.stehule@gmail.com>  writes:
>>> there is a dump from 8KB files
>>
>> Well, those certainly look like tables/indexes not temp files.
>> So we can rule out one theory.
>>
>> You're *certain* these aren't referenced from pg_class.relfilenode
>> of any of the databases in the server?
>
> I have a info, so these files are not in pg_class.relfilenode. More -
> these files are three months old, and in this time was server two
> times restarted.

Maybe they're tables that were created in a transaction, but the process
crashed hard before committing? Like:

BEGIN;
CREATE TABLE foo (...);
COPY foo FROM ...;
kill -9 postgres

That will leave behind a file like that. Do you do something like that
in the application?