Re: How to setup PostgreSQL to work with libpam-pgsql/libnss-pgsql2?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: How to setup PostgreSQL to work with libpam-pgsql/libnss-pgsql2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 25/08/10 14:18, PMC OS wrote:
> Good morning,

Ido not like to maintain two systems at once which can do the same job.

Well, fair enough then. Personally with that many people I'd certainly
want to use LDAP (for lower response latencies if nothing else), but
each to their own.

You'll probably want to use nscd on the client machine(s) to take some
of the load off Pg.

> Have now installed slapd on my OMAP L138 but now it has crashed the kernel and I cna not more boot the server because
itwant o init slapd and crash.

That's ... surprising.

Kernel panic? Or is it just that slapd is crashing?

> How does this manage the user accountts and there homes?
> It does not seem to create $HOME and copy the files from /etc/skel which I have already prepared...

Most likely the same way you'll be doing it with pam auth against
postgresql: pam_mkhomedir . It has a decent man page.

> I have not found this package
>
> apt-cache show ldap-auth-client
> W: Kann Paket ldap-auth-client nicht finden
> E: Keine Pakete gefunden

My bad. Looks like it's an Ubuntu extension, just a metapackage that
pulls in libnss-ldap and libpam-ldap and provides a bit of config
support for them.

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use
От: "Wappler, Robert"
Сообщение: Re: Feature proposal