Re: git: uh-oh

От Michael Haggerty
Тема Re: git: uh-oh
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Is there some way to make cvs2git work this way, and just not bother
> even trying to create merge commits, or is that fundamentally
> impossible and we need to look at another tool?

The good news: (I just reminded myself/realized that) Max Bowsher has
already implemented pretty much exactly what you want in the cvs2svn
trunk version, including noting in the commit messages any cherry-picks
that are not reflected in the repo ancestry.

The bad news: It is broken [1].  But I don't think it should be too much
work to fix it.

Michael

[1]
http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=1670&dsMessageId=2624153

Сообщение: Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!
Сообщение: Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!