Re: security label support, part.2

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: security label support, part.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2010/08/18 21:52), Stephen Frost wrote:
> * KaiGai Kohei (kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com) wrote:
>> If rte->requiredPerms would not be cleared, the user of the hook will
>> be able to check access rights on the child tables, as they like.
>
> This would only be the case for those children which are being touched
> in the current query, which would depend on what conditionals are
> applied, what the current setting of check_constraints is, and possibly
> other factors.  I do *not* like this approach.

Indeed, the planner might omit scan on the children which are not obviously
referenced, but I'm not certain whether its RangeTblEntry would be also
removed from the PlannedStmt->rtable, or not.

>> How about an idea to add a new flag in RangeTblEntry which shows where
>> the RangeTblEntry came from, instead of clearing requiredPerms?
>> If the flag is true, I think ExecCheckRTEPerms() can simply skip checks
>> on the child tables.
>
> How about the external module just checks if the current object being
> queried has parents, and if so, goes and checks the
> labels/permissions/etc on those children?  That way the query either
> always fails or never fails for a given caller, rather than sometimes
> working and sometimes not depending on the query.

Hmm, this idea may be feasible. The RangeTblEntry->inh flag of the parent
will give us a hint whether we also should check labels on its children.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!
От: KaiGai Kohei
Сообщение: Re: security label support, part.2