Re: Return of the Solaris vacuum polling problem -- anyone remember this?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Return of the Solaris vacuum polling problem -- anyone remember this?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tested that.  It does look like if I increase vacuum_cost_limit to 10000
> and lower vacuum_cost_page_dirty to 10, it reads 5-7 pages and writes
> 2-3 before each pollsys.  The math seems completely wrong on that,
> though -- it should be 50 and 30 pages, or similar.  If I can, I'll test
> a vacuum without cost_delay and make sure the pollsys() are connected to
> the cost delay and not something else.

Hmmm.  Looks like, at least in 8.3, running a manual vacuum on a table
doesn't prevent anti-wraparound vacuum from restarting.   So I can't do
any further testing until we can restart the server.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com