trying to compile libpq with VS 2005 and static runtime

От Marc-André Lalonde
Тема trying to compile libpq with VS 2005 and static runtime
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I'm trying to compile libpq from the 8.4.4 source to use the static
runtime (/MT) with VS 2005, but it fails on dosmaperr being redefined in
win32error.c

Here is the error message.
LIBCMT.lib(dosmap.obj) : error LNK2005: __dosmaperr already defined in
libpq.lib(win32error.obj)
fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

I can comment out _dosmaperr in port/win32error.c to make it work, but I
would like to know if it will have any adverse effects for a libpq client.

I want to link with the static runtime so that I don't have to provide
an installer to install the VC redist package.

Thanks for the help.

Marc-Andé Lalonde