Re: security label support, part.2

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: security label support, part.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2010/08/17 13:28), Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On tis, 2010-08-17 at 13:00 +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>> However, isn't it strange if we stand on the perspective that child
>> table is a part of parent object? It means an object have multiple
>> properties depending on the context.
>
> Such is the nature of inheritance, isn't it?

Yep, it will return different set of user data depending on the table
queried, when we reference either parent or child table.
But it seems to me too stretch interpretation to apply this behavior
on metadata of the tables also.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: security label support, part.2
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Progress indication prototype