Re: Proposal / proof of concept: Triggers on VIEWs

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: Proposal / proof of concept: Triggers on VIEWs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2010-08-08 1:45 PM +0300, I wrote:
> On 8/8/2010 12:49 PM, Dean Rasheed wrote:
>> For those migrating code from Oracle, providing this feature as-is
>> might be valuable, since presumably they are not too concerned about
>> these concurrency issues. Ideally we'd want to do better though.
>
> Yes, you might be right.  This feature on its on can greatly simplify
> what people now have to do to get triggers on views.

This weekend I had the luxury of working with our VIEW system, and it
seems like I greatly underestimated the power of this feature, even if
the concurrency issues I've mentioned in this thread would be left
unaddressed.

I haven't looked at the patch yet (I plan to do so), but +100 for this
feature.

Should we expect a new patch any time soon?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja