Re: InitDB: Bad system call

От Torsten Zühlsdorff
Тема Re: InitDB: Bad system call
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Tom,

>>> How annoying :-(.  I think what you need to do is use truss or strace
>>> or local equivalent with the follow-forks flag, so that you can see what
>>> the stand-alone backend process does, not just initdb itself.
>
>> Ok, next round. I just have truss as an option, because strace didn't
>> work at my AMD64. Hope its helpfull:
>
>> $ truss -f -o /tmp/pgtuss-f.txt /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D
>> /usr/local/pgsql/data
>
>> Result:
>> http://www.dddbl.de/pg-truss-f.txt
>
> [ scratches head ... ]  That looks like it got interrupted before
> getting to anything interesting.  Did the console printout show any "Bad
> system call" reports?

Yes, it does. But because i believed that it's not very helpful without
a core-file, i rebuild everything again. I checked out the newsted
sources from bsd, build the world new, the jail new and than the postgresql.

It's the same like before, but this time with core-file! :) I don't know
why, but now there is one. You can find it here:
http://www.dddbl.de/postgres.core (2,4 MB)

If helpful, i can give you access to the jail. This should be easier for
us, than communication over multiple timezones.

Greetings,
Torsten