Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)
Дата
Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 08/11/2010 07:33 PM, David Fetter wrote:
>> I would be curious to the benefit of putting it in core. I have no
>> problem with the type but in core?
> If it's not in core, the vast majority of users will not have it
> installed, and nothing, in core or otherwise, will be able to count on
> it.

You could say that about almost any feature. PostgreSQL is designed to
be modular, and we can hardly credibly use that as an argument against
ourselves.

A convincing argument would be that there is another feature we want in
core that needs or at least could benefit from it.

cheers

andrew