Re: InitDB: Bad system call

От Torsten Zühlsdorff
Тема Re: InitDB: Bad system call
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

>>> Bad system call (core dumped)
>
>> Have you tried running the initdb with strace or truss?  That might give
>> you a clue as to exactly what system call is failing.  Your jail isn't
>> allowing something fundamental here, but it's hard to guess what.
>
> Or even easier, gdb the core file ...

As written early i can't locate the core file. But now i use truss:
$ truss -o /tmp/pg.truss /usr/local/bin/initdb /usr/local/pgsql/

Here is the result:
http://www.dddbl.de/pg.truss.txt

The first suspicious i can see are a lots of "ERR#32 'Broken pipe'" entries.

I also changed some ipc-values from:
kern.ipc.semmni=512
kern.ipc.semmns=1024
kern.ipc.semmnu=512

to:
kern.ipc.semmnu: 4096
kern.ipc.semmns: 8192
kern.ipc.semmni: 32767

But these are read-only values. I have to reboot the machine. But it's a
live-machine and it will take some time to prepare rebooting. -.-

Greetings from Germany,
Torsten