Re: MERGE Specification

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: MERGE Specification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Boxuan Zhai wrote:
> I just found that no Assert() works in my codes. I think it is because
> the assertion is no enabled. How to enable assertion. To define
> USE_ASSERT_CHECKING somewhere?

When you run "configure" before "make", use "--enable-cassert".  The
normal trio for working on the PostgreSQL code is:

./configure --enable-depend --enable-cassert --enable-debug

Generally the only reason to build as a developer without asserts on is
to do performance testing.  They will slow some portions of the code
down significantly.