Re: sort of logfile combobox in server status window

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: sort of logfile combobox in server status window
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Steffen,

Le 09/08/2010 09:23, Steffen Kuhn a écrit :
> [...]
> in my daily use I would prefer having the entries of the logfile combox
> in the server status sorted in reverse order.
> For me the most intresting files are the current, the last, the one
> before and so on.
> If the server has been setup some days ago, this means often scrolling
> the end.

You're right. It seems better that way.

> I would suggest to sort the files by filetime in reverse order.
> Any other thoughts about this.
> If others work in another way this may be a checkbox for the options
> section.

I guess most users would want it that way (even if, AFAICT, noone
actually did care enougth to tell us). Anyways, I commited your "patch".
It will be available in the future 1.14 release.

About your "patch". It's better not to send the whole file. You should
send a diff/patch file. It's quite easy to do with git. A simple "git
diff > work.patch" and it's done. You just need to send the work.patch
file. Or even better, use "git format-patch".

Thanks for your work.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr