Re: Concurrent MERGE

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Concurrent MERGE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I've never had the deadlock detector successfully deal with the above.
>> Let alone a 4-way.
> Hm. I have seen 5way deadlocks getting resolved just recently. I can
> find the relevant if you find it interesting, but I doubt it is.

Ah, I didn't know that it was even *supposed* to resolve
larger-than-2-way deadlocks, so I didn't attempt to look for more
granular information.  Next time I need to resolve one of these, I'll
get analysis information about exactly which kinds of locks are being
held where.  I've seen it happen at multiple sites running 8.3 and 8.4,
so whatever code is supposed to resolve circular deadlocks doesn't work
all the time.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com