Re: Advice configuring ServeRAID 8k for performance

От Craig James
Тема Re: Advice configuring ServeRAID 8k for performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 8/5/10 11:28 AM, Kenneth Cox wrote:
> I am using PostgreSQL 8.3.7 on a dedicated IBM 3660 with 24GB RAM
> running CentOS 5.4 x86_64. I have a ServeRAID 8k controller with 6 SATA
> 7500RPM disks in RAID 6, and for the OLAP workload it feels* slow....
>  My current performance is 85MB/s write, 151 MB/s reads

I get 193MB/sec write and 450MB/sec read on a RAID10 on 8 SATA 7200 RPM disks.  RAID10 seems to scale linearly -- add
disks,get more speed, to the limit of your controller.

Craig

Сообщение: Re: Advice configuring ServeRAID 8k for performance
Сообщение: Re: Advice configuring ServeRAID 8k for performance