Re: Re: Re: [HACKERS] Online backup cause boot failure,anyone know why?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Re: Re: [HACKERS] Online backup cause boot failure,anyone know why?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Let's be clear. If you change the postgres code and then things break I
think you're pretty much on your own. We can accept some responsibility
for helping you if you're running our code, but not if you're running
our code which you have subsequently mangled. If you break things you
get to fix them.

cheers

andrew

On 08/05/2010 10:20 AM, Richard wrote:
> Oh sorry, I missed something. I turned off the XLOG archive in code after pg_start_backup so the pg_xlog directory
containsall the xlog files.

> And for performance purpose, I change the checkpoint type in pg_start_backup to CHECKPOINT_IMMEDIATE, does it
matter?
> The PG log I mentioned above is the running error log not the XLOG.
>
> ------------------
> Richard
> 2010-08-05

> 发件人:Robert Haas
> 发送日期:2010-08-05 22:07:45
> 收件人:Richard
> 抄送:Andrew Dunstan; pgsql-hackers
> 主题:Re: [HACKERS] Re: Re: [HACKERS] Online backup cause boot failure,anyone know why?
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Richard<husttripper@vip.sina.com>  wrote:
>> I reboot PG because  I found PG recovery end point if far away from the actual end point of the XLOG on the backup
directory,so  I want to test if the original DB is OK.