Re: ECPG dynamic cursor fix for UPDATE/DELETE ... WHERE CURRENT OF :curname

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: ECPG dynamic cursor fix for UPDATE/DELETE ... WHERE CURRENT OF :curname
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <michael@fam-meskes.de> wrote:
> All prior ECPG versions were fine because dynamic cursor names
> were only added in 9.0.  Apparently only this one place was
> missed. So this is a bug in the new feature, however not such a
> major one that it warrants the complete removal IMO. I'd prefer to
> fix this in 9.0.1.
>
> Hope this cleans it up a bit.
Thanks.  I think I get it now.
To restate from another angle, to confirm my understanding: UPDATE
WHERE CURRENT OF is working for cursors with the name hard-coded in
the embedded statement, which is the only way cursor names were
allowed to be specified prior to 9.0; 9.0 implements dynamic cursor
names, allowing you to use a variable for the cursor name; but this
one use of a cursor name isn't allowing a variable yet.  Do I have
it right?  (If so, I now see why it would be considered a bug.)
-Kevin