Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/4/2010 10:26 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>> The other thing that was being argued was whether rules should be
>> changed to act that way too, and if not whether EXPLAIN ANALYZE should
>> be fixed to make sure it emulates rule execution better.  Personally
>> I'd be in favor of changing rule execution and leaving EXPLAIN ANALYZE
>> alone, though I'm not sure if that position can command a consensus.
>> I seriously doubt that there are many applications out there that are
>> actually depending on this aspect of rule execution; if anything, there
>> are probably more that will see it as a bug.
>
> Changing EXPLAIN ANALYZE seems a bit less likely to break things for
> anyone depending on current behavior; but, on the other hand, it seems
> there's a broad consensus that the best thing to do about rule
> execution is deprecate it, so maybe it doesn't really matter.

I'm having a hard time imagining that anyone would depend on a behaviour
like this.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: patch for contrib/isn
От: Alex Hunsaker
Сообщение: Re: Drop one-argument string_agg? (was Re: [BUGS] string_agg delimiter having no effect with order by)