Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem

От: Kevin Grittner
Тема: Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Peter Hussey, )
 Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Andres Freund, )
 Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Alvaro Herrera, )
   Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Jayadevan M, )
 Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Peter Hussey, )
   Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Robert Haas, )
   Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Hannu Krosing, )
    Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Robert Haas, )
     Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Hannu Krosing, )
      Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Tom Lane, )
       Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Hannu Krosing, )
        Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Hannu Krosing, )
         Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Greg Smith, )
          Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Greg Smith, )
          Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  ("Kevin Grittner", )
           Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Greg Smith, )
            Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  ("Kevin Grittner", )
          Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Hannu Krosing, )
         Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Tom Lane, )
         Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Hannu Krosing, )
          Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  ("Kevin Grittner", )
         Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Hannu Krosing, )
       Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem  (Bruce Momjian, )

Greg Smith <> wrote:

> Was trying to demonstrate the general ability of pg_stat_bgwriter
> snapshots at points in time to directly measure the buffer
> activity Hannu was theorizing about, not necessarily show a useful
> benchmark of any sort with that.

Ah, OK.  Sorry I didn't pick up on that; I was struggling to tease
out some particular effect you expected to see in the numbers from
that particular run.  :-/

-Kevin