Re: "package org.postgresql.util does not exist" compilation problem

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: "package org.postgresql.util does not exist" compilation problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/08/10 23:18, Santiago Álvarez Martínez wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I'm developing a Java application, using Maven, Spring and Hibernate,
> and Postgre (with Postgis) as DBMS.
>
> Everything went OK, until I had to import the org.postgresql.util
> package, to use the PGobject class, in a UserType Hibernate class.
>
> I got the following errors:
>
> [...]
> org/postgis/binary/BinaryParser.class(org/postgis/binary:BinaryParser.class)]
> org/postgis/binary/BinaryWriter.class(org/postgis/binary:BinaryWriter.class)]
> /home/perseo/PFC/maven.1264475335794/src/main/java/es/udc/fiestas/model/util/types/PointType.java:15:
> package org.postgresql.util does not exist

I can import and use org.postgresql.util.PGobject in a Maven project
with the same version of PgJDBC. See example project:

  http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/~craig/pgdemo.zip

Is it possible there's an elderly version of the PostgreSQL JDBC driver
on the classpath that lacks the org.postgresql.util package?

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/