Re: Postgres as Historian

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Postgres as Historian
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hardik Belani wrote:
> For this i can create a table with number and time (may be time offset
> instead of timestamp) as columns. But still it will require me to
> store huge number of rows in the order of few millions. Data is read
> only and only inserts can happen. But I need to perform all kinds of
> aggregation to get various statistics. for example: daily avg, monthly
> avg etc..

You've unfortunately asked on the wrong list about this.  pgsql-hackers
is intended mainly for discussion related to the source code of
PostgreSQL, so this is off-topic for it.  The people who like to argue
about the best way to implement aggregates and the like are on the
pgsql-performance list.  You'd be more likely to get detailed responses
if you asked this question there.  That group loves to talk about how to
design things for other people.