Re: Testing Sandforce SSD

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Testing Sandforce SSD
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Josh Berkus wrote:
> That doesn't make much sense unless there's some special advantage to a
> 4K blocksize with the hardware itself.

Given that pgbench is always doing tiny updates to blocks, I wouldn't be
surprised if switching to smaller blocks helps it in a lot of situations
if one went looking for them.  Also, as you point out, pgbench runtime
varies around wildly enough that 10% would need more investigation to
really prove that means something.  But I think Yeb has done plenty of
investigation into the most interesting part here, the durability claims.