Attempt to connect to database using libpq++ PgDatabase class fails because CONNECTION_BAD

От Debra LaVille
Тема Attempt to connect to database using libpq++ PgDatabase class fails because CONNECTION_BAD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am porting code from Red Hat Linux to Windows 2000 and can not connect to a
my database using libpq++.

I have installed CygIPC and PostgreSQL as Services on my Windows 2000 PC.
I have created a database (called mediadb).
I have added tables to the database.
I have added data to the tables.

I can access the database using psql from a Cygwin Bash Shell (e.g.):

    $psql -q -d mediadb -U mediadbuser

    mediadb=# select count(*) from guide_programinfo;
     count
    -------
     24532
    (1 row)

I can not access the database from my application using libpq++ (CONNECTION_BAD):

    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <iostream>
    #include <string>
    #include "libpq++\pgdatabase.h"

    using namespace std;

    int main(int argc, char* argv[])
    {
        PgDatabase myDB("dbname=mediadb user=mediadbuser");

        if ( myDB.ConnectionBad() )
        {
>>>            cout << "Failed to open <dbname=mediadb user=mediadbuser>" << endl;
        }
        else
        {
            cout << "Opened <dbname=mediadb user=mediadbuser>" << endl;
        }

        return 0;
    }

I am using standard (unmodified) configuration files:

    C:\cygwin\usr\share\postgresql\data\pg_hba.conf
    C:\cygwin\usr\share\postgresql\data\postgresql.conf

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Debra L. LaVille
debra.laville@digeo.com