Re: Comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL full text search

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL full text search
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm sure EnterpriseDB or one of the other PG support companies
> would be happy to sell you a support contract, if having somebody to sue
> is an essential part of happiness.

And on a good day, access to someone with the source code who will
actually be motivated to fix your problem, so you don't even have to sue
them!  Such a novel concept.  I find the idea that anyone is going to
sue Oracle for breach of contract and actually get anything out of it
beyond a refund kind of hilarious myself.  Sure, your lawyers have done
a better job of protecting you than Larry Ellison's...good luck with
that.  (Hint:  Oracle is currently fending a lawsuit from the US
Department of Justice)