Re: How Big is Too Big for Tables?

От Bryan Hinton
Тема Re: How Big is Too Big for Tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Under the assumption that you properly modeled the data -  achieved a
nice balance of normalization and de-normalization, examined the size of
your relations in such a context, and accounted for
how the data will grow over time and if it will grow over time, then
partitioning, as Joshua mentioned, could be an advantageous route to
explore.  The user-interface component, namely, "zooming" in and out,
should remain an abstraction at this point.  My two cents but it sounds
like a lot of groundwork needs to be done first.