Linux Filesystems again - Ubuntu this time

От: Mark Kirkwood
Тема: Linux Filesystems again - Ubuntu this time
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Linux Filesystems again - Ubuntu this time  (Mark Kirkwood, )
 Re: Linux Filesystems again - Ubuntu this time  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: Linux Filesystems again - Ubuntu this time  (Whit Armstrong, )
   Re: Linux Filesystems again - Ubuntu this time  ("Kevin Grittner", )
    Re: Linux Filesystems again - Ubuntu this time  ("Kevin Grittner", )
     Re: Linux Filesystems again - Ubuntu this time  (Whit Armstrong, )
      Re: Linux Filesystems again - Ubuntu this time  ("Kevin Grittner", )

I'm involved with the setup of replacement hardware for one of our
systems. It is going to be using Ubuntu Lucid Server (kernel 2.6.32 I
believe). The issue of filesystems has raised its head again.

I note that ext4 is now the default for Lucid, what do folks think about
using it: stable enough now? Also xfs has seen quite a bit of
development in these later kernels, any thoughts on that?

Cheers

Mark

P.s: We are quite keen to move away from ext3, as we have encountered
its tendency to hit a wall under heavy load and leave us waiting for
kjournald and pdflush to catch up....