Re: antisocial things you can do in git (but not CVS)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: antisocial things you can do in git (but not CVS)
Дата
Re: antisocial things you can do in git (but not CVS)  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On lör, 2010-07-24 at 07:02 -0700, Ron Mayer wrote:
>
>> Instead of squashing every patch into a single commit, what if it got
>> squashed into a perhaps 3 separate commits -- one as submitted, one
>> as reviewed, and one as re-written by the committer.  History stays
>> linear; and you keep the most relevant parts of the history,
>> while dropping all the development brainstorming commits.
>>

> But then there would be commits in the main repository that were known
> not good enough.

Yeah. Also, please bear in mind that our explicit aim here is to make
this change with a minimal disruption to existing work flows. So to all
those people who want to say "Look, you can now do all these cool
things" my answer is "Maybe we'll do them later, but not right now."

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: antisocial things you can do in git (but not CVS)
Сообщение: Re: antisocial things you can do in git (but not CVS)