Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/24/2010 1:43 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com>  wrote:
>> It seems like it's EXPLAIN ANALYZE that needs fixing.
>
> I would suggest that if we're going to change this, we back-patch it
> to 9.0 before beta4.

I did some digging and found the commit that changed the behaviour:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2004-09/msg00155.php and
then later Tom fixed a bug in it:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-10/msg00316.php

According to the latter commit, not updating the snapshot could be
preferable for EXPLAIN ANALYZE, but I don't see why this is.  Maybe we
should wait until we hear from Tom?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja