Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables

От: Gerald Fontenay
Тема: Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Strange explain on partitioned tables  (Philippe Rimbault, )
 Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  (Philippe Rimbault, )
  Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  (Philippe Rimbault, )
 Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  (Philippe Rimbault, )
  Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  (Gerald Fontenay, )
   Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  (Gerald Fontenay, )
    Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  (Gerald Fontenay, )
     Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  (Robert Haas, )
   Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  (Greg Smith, )
   Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  ("Joshua D. Drake", )

> The PostgreSQL partitioning system is aimed to support perhaps a
> hundred inherited tables.  You can expect to get poor performance on
> queries if you create 1000 of them.

Hi,

Why is that you would expect poor performance for say 1000 or more? I
have a ~1000 inherited tables and I don't see any significant slowdowns.
I only ever access a single inherited table at a time though in this
situation. I suppose I am using inheritance only for organization in
this case...

Thanks,
Gerald