Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE
Дата
Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/23/2010 8:52 PM, David Fetter wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 08:43:35PM +0300, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:
>> Did I misunderstand the code?  And if I didn't, why do we do this
>> differently?
>
> You mentioned in IRC that this was in aid of getting wCTEs going.  How
> are these things connected?

Currently, I'm trying to make wCTEs behave a bit like RULEs do.  But if
every rewrite product takes a new snapshot, wCTEs will behave very
unpredictably.

But because EXPLAIN ANALYZE does *not* take a new snapshot for every
rewrite product, I'm starting to think that maybe this isn't the
behaviour we wanted to begin with?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja