Re: psql problem

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: psql problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/22/2010 04:03 PM, Gary Fu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> System information:
> - psql 8.4.4 on a client with CentOS 5.5 (64 bits)
> - postgres 8.4.4 on the server with CentOS 5.5 (64 bits)
> - the client is connected with vpn
>
> I have a script to create a table with some comments in front. When I use the command 'psql -f script.sql' to load
it,it hangs. However, if I remove the comments, OR remove some of the columns from the table, it works okay. It looks
liketo me, the psql will hang with large size of the script file. I tried 'psql < script.sql' and 'cat script.sql |
psql'with the same result.

> However, I tried it on another client host (CentOS 5.5 32 bits), I don't see this problem.
>
> Any idea and suggestion ?
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

Line endings?

How about a sample?

What comment style: -- /* (* # ; ' //

-Andy

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Changing pg_attribute.attislocal
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Bitmask trickiness