Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,
From the code I understood that when executing a query "normally", in
READ COMMITTED mode, we take a new snapshot for every query that comes
out of rewrite.  But in an EXPLAIN ANALYZE, we only update the CID of
the snapshot taken when the EXPLAIN started.

Did I misunderstand the code?  And if I didn't, why do we do this
differently?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja