Re: dynamically allocating chunks from shared memory

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: dynamically allocating chunks from shared memory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 07/20/2010 09:05 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hmm, deriving code from a paper published by IBM sounds like bad news --
> who knows what patents they hold on the techniques there?

Yeah, that might be an issue. Note, however, that the lock-based variant
differs substantially from what's been published. And I sort of doubt
their patents covers a lot of stuff that's not lock-free-ish.

But again, I'd also very much welcome any other allocator. In my
opinion, it's the most annoying drawback of the process-based design
compared to a threaded variant (from the perspective of a developer).

Regards

Markus Wanner

Сообщение: Re: Some git conversion issues
Сообщение: Re: Some git conversion issues