Re: pg_dump and --inserts / --column-inserts

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: pg_dump and --inserts / --column-inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 17/07/10 04:26, Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> Hmm.
> For years I have been advocating to always use fully qualified column
> lists in INSERTs (for clarity and stability)
> And now I learn it's slower when I do so :(

If you're not doing hundreds of thousands of identical ones at a time,
it's still very much a good idea. The costs of parsing and transmission
are usually pretty insignificant, and the readability/maintenance
benefits are huge.

It's only when dealing with bulk loading that this sort of thing starts
to be worth thinking about.

--
Craig Ringer