Re: SHOW TABLES

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: SHOW TABLES
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> Haven't experienced Sybase for 2 years in my last job, I can tell
> you that the sp_* commands are definitely non-intuitive :(
In general, I'd agree; although I think I got used to them about as
fast as the PostgreSQL backslash commands.  In the particular case
of sp_help I would disagree; once you've heard that, it's pretty
easy to remember and it works for tables, views, stored procedures,
logs, rules, defaults, triggers, referential constraints, encryption
keys, and check constraints.
You type:
sp_help <pretty-much-any-database-object>
And you get information back which is both reasonably
human-digestable based on the formatting of result sets in whatever
client you're using, and reasonably machine-digestable based on
looking at the column headers of the result sets.
-Kevin