Re: performance on new linux box

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: performance on new linux box
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 16/07/10 06:18, Ben Chobot wrote:

> There are also caches on all your disk drives. Write caching there is always dangerous, which is why almost all raid
cardsalways disable the hard drive write caching, with or without a BBU. I'm not even sure how many raid cards let you
enablethe write cache on a drive... hopefully, not many.

AFAIK Disk drive caches can be safe to leave in write-back mode (ie
write cache enabled) *IF* the OS uses write barriers (properly) and the
drive understands them.

Big if.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Ben Chobot
Сообщение: Re: performance on new linux box
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: performance on new linux box