Re: SHOW TABLES

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: SHOW TABLES
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> I think you guys are talking past each other.
So it would appear.  I was replying to a comment by Simon which
sounded to me as though he didn't feel any further discussion was
needed.
> I believe Kevin was in fact stating that we needed to continue
> discussion.
Right, and judging from Simon's reply, we have no disagreement on
that.  Sorry for the confusion.
I still think that the ability to issue one request and get back a
series of responses, each of which could be the result of RAISE or a
SELECT, would be valuable, and would be the best way to implement
this; but of course it would be totally insane to try to burden
Simon's proposal with such a requirement.  I was hoping that someone
had something in the works, close to fruition, which could be set as
a prerequisite for Simon's feature -- so that it could be done in
the best possible manner.  The current alternatives of a separate
request for each related bit of information versus a bunch of text
lines makes me a bit queasy.  Formated text (XML, YAML, etc.) seems
worse than either of the above.
-Kevin

От: "Greg Sabino Mullane"
Сообщение: Re: SHOW TABLES
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: reducing NUMERIC size for 9.1