Re: inner join removal

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: inner join removal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I think it might work out better if you ask "what
> additional conditions are needed in order to prove that this inner join
> can commute with this left join", and then work at being able to prove
> that.  (It's entirely likely that the planner isn't currently gathering
> the right information for solving that problem.)

I also see this falling into a whole class of issues where the planner
could utilize the existance of FKs to plan queries better.  That might
be a better first step.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com