Re: Need help in performance tuning.

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Need help in performance tuning.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Harpreet singh Wadhwa <harpreetsingh.wadhwa@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to fine tune my postgresql to increase number of connects
> it can handle in a minutes time.
> Decrease the response time per request etc.
> The exact case will be to handle around 100 concurrent requests.

I have found that connection pooling is crucial.

The "concurrent requests" phrase worries me a bit -- you should be
focusing more on "concurrent connections" and perhaps "requests per
second".  With most hardware, you will get faster response time and
better overall throughput by funneling 100 connections through a
connection pool which limits the number of concurrent requests to
just enough to keep all your hardware resources busy, queuing any
requests beyond that for submission when a pending request
completes.

> Any hardware suggestions are also welcomed.

If you don't have the hardware yet, you'd need to provide a bit more
information to get advice on what hardware you need.

-Kevin