Re: cvs to git migration - keywords

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: cvs to git migration - keywords
Дата
Re: cvs to git migration - keywords  (Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> So what happens right now using the existing git repository is that
> the $PostgeSQL$ tags are there, but they're unexpanded.  They just say
> $PostgreSQL$ rather than $PostgreSQL: tgl blah blah$.  I'm all in
> favor of removing them, but it would be nice if we could avoid
> cluttering the old changesets with useless changes to the keyword
> expansions.

Personally I favor leaving the expanded keywords in what we import, so
that there's an exact mapping between what's in the final CVS repo and
what's in the inital git repo, and then removing them entirely. I don't
see that having old keyword expansions in the historical changesets is a
bid deal. Nobody is going to base patches on them (I hope).

cheers

andrew