Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> Bruce felt it wasn't worth putting that amount of work into backbranch docs that nobody's likely to read
> anyway, but I suppose that view could be overruled if there's a strong consensus.

I was never arguing in favor of touching anything in the back branches;
if you recall I didn't even voice an opinion here until I got concerned
about too many changes happening in them.  I think a proper fix in 9.0
combined with a release notes comment noting the old/new behavior, so
it's clear what was broken in the old versions, would be quite enough here.

Something like this maybe:

Change log_temp_files to be set in and output its value in kilobytes.
Older versions had the parameter labeled and documented as being in KB,
while it was actually set and outputting to the logs in bytes.

Thanks for following this through, I think it's a useful small bit to
get sorted out fully.