Re: Table partitioning - is anything coming?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Table partitioning - is anything coming?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Igor Kryltsov wrote:
> I am not asking any firm dates but when (and if) do you think roughly
> it will be any enhancements on automating partitioning in Postgres?

The earliest possible date for that is the summer of 2011 when
PostgreSQL 9.1 might be released:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.1_Development_Plan

An outline of the plans is at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Table_partitioning and the current patch
submitted to help in this direction is due to be reviewed this month:

P.S. Attaching PNGs instead of writing text out will annoy some
contributors here, that's not something you want to get into the habit
of on any of the mailing lists here.