Re:

От silly sad
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 07/05/10 11:03, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2010/7/5 silly sad<sad@bankir.ru>:
>> On 07/05/10 10:43, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>
>>> The good size for text or bytea is less than 100M and real max isn't
>>> 2G but it is 1G. LO isn't these limits because it isn't accessable on
>>> SQL level.
>>
>> any regular file on my filesystem isn't accessible on SQL level.
>> i am happy with them and never tried to store at a database.
>
> this is second extreme - you can use everything if you know what you
> do - and mainly it depends on applications and requests that you have
> to solve.

the trouble is the initiator of the thread didn't determine what is his
problem either storing of a zero-byte containing string or storing of
huge strings.
I answered him about BYTEA and he replied about BLOB.
I only tried to say i didn't say a word about BLOB.

P.S.
Practically for storing pictures i prefer regular files.