Re:

От silly sad
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 07/05/10 09:57,  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I store Byte strings into a postgresql database.
> Is there any special command to store it. How will be the sql query.

there is only '\0' byte incapable to input-output.
so u have to have it escaped at all costs _AND NOTHING MORE_.

"escaped" doesn't mean "prefixed with backslash"
("backslash method" cause a zero-byte to pass SQL parser an to be
actually stored, BUT
the output will be corrupted, because of this zero-byte will be actually
output)

You may use the BYTEA type
(similar to the TEXT but with different input-output) which effectively
escapes zero-byte and a lot of other completely harmless bytes as well
(probably to reach a better overhead)

Or you may introduce a pair of your own escape rules.

Unfortunately there are no way to influence The Pg Developers to get rid
of the nasty god damned CSTRING off the input/output operations.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: