Re: Autovacuum and pg_largeobject

От Norberto Delle
Тема Re: Autovacuum and pg_largeobject
Дата
Список pgsql-general
  Em 2/7/2010 13:57, Alvaro Herrera escreveu:
> Excerpts from Norberto Delle's message of vie jul 02 08:10:44 -0400 2010:
>>    Hi all
>>
>> I would like to know if the large object table pg_largeobject is
>> routinely checked by the autovacuum daemon.
>> I ask about this because I have a database in wich the pg_largeobject
>> table is being forcibly vacuumed because it's relfrozenxid is now
>> greater than autovacuum_freeze_max_age, and it's killing the server
>> performance. PostgreSQL version is 8.2.14.
> It should, as it should vacuum any other table.  Perhaps all the routine
> autovacuums were killed because of locking issues.  I admit I haven't
> investigated the locking behavior of pg_largeobject in particular.
> Would it be locked more frequently than other system catalogs?

As far as I know, It's not being locked. We use it to store digitalized
documents
and it's getting very big. I think the server is being turned off before
it can complete
an vacuum pass. The server is not kept on overnight.
As a palliative measure, I increased the value of
autovacuum_freeze_max_age from
200.000.000 to 300.000.000.
I think I will have to schedule a vacuum on that table during the weekend.

Thanks for the attention

Norberto

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: bulk insert using COPY and PHP code
От: Jason Dixon
Сообщение: CFP for Surge Scalability Conference 2010