Re: problems with encoding and accent letters

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: problems with encoding and accent letters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/01/10 2:27 PM, aaaawwww wrote:
> Sorry I forgot to say I am running an Italian php website with a
> postgresql DB. Users can write messages eachothers.
> This is my code:
> $connessione_db = pg_connect("dbname=xxxxx user=yyyyy
> password=zzzzzz");
> $sql_insert_messaggio="insert into messaggio (text) values ('àèì');";
> pg_exec ($connessione_db,$sql_insert_messaggio);
>
> and I get that error. If I do not write messages with accents
> everything works.
>
> Is there a way to insert accents with any kind of encoding?

is your source code UTF-8 or is it ISO-8559-3 aka LATIN3 or something ?

you probably need to set your client_encoding according to the charset
used in the source SQL statements.

     SET CLIENT_ENCODING='LATIN3';

when you do the inserts, the data will be converted from your
CLIENT_ENCODING to the proper database eencoding which is likely UTF8
per your error... and when you read it back, it will be converted back
to the current CLIENT_ENCODING

since this is a web app, do be sure your CLIENT_ENCODING matches the
mime type of your generated web pages...

Сообщение: Re: Is full-row updates slower than single-value updates
Сообщение: Re: Is full-row updates slower than single-value updates