Re: Check constraints on non-immutable keys

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Check constraints on non-immutable keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 30/06/10 18:11, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 18:33, Richard Huxton<dev@archonet.com>  wrote:
>>
>> IMHO The real solution would be something that could strip/rewrite the
>> constraint on restore rather than trying to prevent people being stupid
>> though. People *will* just tag their functions as immutable to get them to
>> work.
>
> Are you sure? The people most likely to "just tag their functions as
> immutable", are the same ones most unlikely to know *how to do that*.
> At least for what I think is the majority case - which is calling
> builtin functions.

People just cut and paste this stuff from ancient blog entries.
Understanding is not necessary. Hell, I do it sometimes if I'm dealing
with something like LDAP where I don't really have a deep knowledge of
the situation.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Check constraints on non-immutable keys
Сообщение: Re: Check constraints on non-immutable keys