Re: warning message in standby

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: warning message in standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> ...with this patch, following the above, you get:
>
> FATAL:  invalid record in WAL stream
> HINT:  Take a new base backup, or remove recovery.conf and restart
> in read-write mode.
> LOG:  startup process (PID 6126) exited with exit code 1
> LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
If someone is sloppy about how they copy the WAL files around, they
could temporarily have a truncated file.  If we want to be tolerant
of straight file copies, without a temporary name or location with a
move on completion, we would need some kind of retry or timeout.  It
appears that you have this hard-coded to five retries.  I'm not
saying this is a bad setting, but I always wonder about hard-coded
magic numbers like this.  What's the delay between retries?  How did
you arrive at five as the magic number?
-Kevin