Dealing with prepared transactions in XactCallback

От Boszormenyi Zoltan
Тема Dealing with prepared transactions in XactCallback
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I need to rework a custom notification scheme that sends TCP
messages about new/modified/deleted records to an external process.
It's obvious that I am using RegisterXactCallback() to do that.
The problem is with prepared transactions. I get XACT_EVENT_PREPARE
in the XactCallback function, where I can save the data to be sent later.
But how can I decide in a later transaction that the application
is doing COMMIT PREPARED for a particular Xid? Does PREPARE
TRANSACTION saves the TopTransactionContext and loads it back fully
so I don't need to worry about saving and reloading?

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán Böszörményi